– Director, KPR Associates, Düsseldorf and Dubai.
– Former Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), New York.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE): Sole licensed and authorised trainer for the CFE exam in Germany. Achieving high results through team-work approach, e-learning and motivating participants.
- Lecturer, teaching “Corporate Fraud Management” at the University of Applied Sciences in Cologne and Steinbeis University in Berlin.
- Past director and consultant at the IFRS Foundation at the IASB, London
- Served as Global Chairman of XBRL.
- Member of the EU Commission’s High Level Expert Group on Intangibles.
- Treasurer of IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature), the world’s largest association of nature and conservation agencies, headquartered in Gland, Switzerland (2008 to 2012).
- Head of Global Standards (AA1000 series of standards) at AccountAbility, London and Dubai.
Earlier in career (US and Germany): Worked in key financial (CFO) and operating positions (COO) at Beiersdorf (“Nivea”); Teroson and Emery Industries (“Henkel”); Dow Corning US and Europe (JV Dow Chemical and Corning Glass); Otto Versand (Germany’s largest Mail Order company); Mercedes-Benz Credit Corporation(USA) and as an assistant to an owner of an industry leading Hypermarket.
Financial Executives International: Member, Committee on Governance, Risk and Compliance.
AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants).
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Ramin & Reiman: “IFRS and XBRL: How to improve Business Reporting through Technology and Object tracking” Wiley 2013, 732 pages.
- Kurt Ramin & Stephen Lew (2015): A model for integrated capital disclosure and performance reporting: separating objects from value, Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, pages 27 -47.
- “Building the Global Valuation Standard” quickreadbuzz.com/2014/12/30/building-global-valuation-standard/
- “The impact of fraud in fluctuating currencies” www.cpa2biz.com (2014)
e-mail: email@example.com Linkedin: Kurt Ramin